5 Cannabis Recipes for the Holidays!
Having friends and family over for holidays? Make it a unique dining experience with these 5 delicious cannabis-infused recipes!
- Canna Butter
This might be your most useful recipe, seeing as you can add it to so many other everyday recipes!
- 1/4 ounce cannabis bud (finely ground)
- 1/2 cup (one stick) salted butter
- Melt the butter over low heat in a medium sauce pan.
- A little at a time and stirring in between, add the ground bud to the melted butter.
- Simmer on low heat for 45 minutes, stirring frequently (you should start to see small bubbles slowly forming on the surface).
- Strain the butter into a container that has a tight fitting lid using a metal strainer to filter out the ground buds.
- Press a spoon on top of the ground buds in order to release all of the canna butter from them.
- You’re all done! Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for later use.
2. Triple-Chocolate Espresso Cookies
- Cooking spray, for greasing the baking sheets
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (kosher or sea)
- 1⁄2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup (8 tablespoons) canna butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 340°F. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray and set them aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa and espresso powders, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a hand mixer or wooden spoon, mix the unsalted butter, canna butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the bittersweet and white chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the cookies are set and no longer shiny, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining dough, cooling the baking sheets between batches.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
3. THC Turkey Marinade
- 1 12-lb turkey
- 3/4 oz. cannabis bud (finely ground)
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 bottle inject-able marinade
- Simmer bud, butter and marinade in a crock-pot on low for three hours. Strain before injecting the turkey.
- Inject the marinade throughout your bird in equal amounts. (The marinade will cause the outside to be darker and the meat to be pinker.)
- On the grill, bank two charcoal piles on either side of a space large enough to fit the bird. Prep coals before setting bird in the center.
- Don’t put direct heat on the bird. Put a large aluminum pan with a little water in it elevated on bricks underneath to catch the drippings.
- Add a handful of coals and wood chips to the fire every 20 to 30 minutes.
- When the thigh meat reaches an internal temperature of 180ºF, remove the turkey from the grill and let it sit for 10 minutes before carving.
4. Fresh Tomato Soup
- 3 pounds ripe tomatoes, cut in large pieces
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ red onion, cut in half or chunks
- 3 tablespoons canna olive oil (find separate recipe)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
For the garnish
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- On a platter or a bowl combine the tomatoes with the lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Allow to sit for about an hour.
- Place all the remaining ingredients, with the exception of the parsley and feta, in the blender. Puree until mostly smooth. No worries if there are still some chunky bits. Allow the mixture to chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Divide the soup between 4 bowls and sprinkle each with parsley and feta before serving.
5. Pumpkin Pie
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 7 tablespoon unsalted butter plus 1 tablespoon canna butter, very cold & cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canna butter, melted
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
Weeded Whipped Cream:
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon canna butter, melted & cooled
To prepare the crust:
- In a food processor pulse the flour, butters and salt. Add the ice water and pulse until the dough forms a ball. Wrap the dough and chill for 30 minutes.
- On a floured board, roll the dough out to about 12 inches. Place the dough in a buttered pie pan; flute the edges and place in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
To prepare the filling:
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Pour into the chilled pie shell and bake until the filling is set, 45-50 minutes.
To prepare the whipped topping:
- In a large bowl, whip the cream, sugar, and vanilla into soft peaks. Add the melted canna butter and finish whipping. Place a dollop on the cooled pie and enjoy!